- Untamed Method -
A class of high physicality based on elements of flying low, parkour, break dance, martial arts and capoeira in order to establish a language in common, and explore the limits of each one, stretching them until the limit and further.
Untamed method aims to unleash the unknown power that our body and
mind releases in situations of extreme stress, danger and/or pleasure. Fed by basic natural ways of movement (like animal styles and natural reflexes and actions), it awakes our primitive instincts, and capacity of reaction.
- Performact -
Performact - 2 years rigorous dance education course in Portugal with international guest teachers Performact is a course created to prepare dancers with a rigorous stage performance oriented teaching plan. Not only will the successful applicants be able to work their own body techniques with several renowned tutors, but they’ll be provided with complementary stage production knowledge essential to the way each one perceives the stage itself. This program is spread over two years of formation, classes and creation processes. In the first year the participants will be in touch with several choreographers, teachers and dancers who’ll share not only their technique but also their own way of perceiving the dancer and the relation with the stage. The second year follows up this guideline settled in the first one, with a slight shift of focus to the independence of the participants, and their capacity to use the knowledge acquired to their own advantage and the respective creation of their own pieces. Some of the guest tutors of 2017-2018: Inaki Azpillaga, Ted Stoffer, Rob Hayden, Rakesh Sukesh, Gonçalo Lobato, Tomislav English, Luke Jessop, Ricardo Ambrózio and many others.
• The program consists of a nine month period (from October 2017 to June 2018) with approximately eight hours per day of classes combined with creative processes (Monday to Friday);
• There’s a limit of 15 participants per class per year; • There will be around eight to ten teachers/tutors per year;
• Public presentation of pieces; • The program will take place in Torres Vedras, Portugal;
• 1st year (Technique and performative skills), 2nd year (Choreography and improvement of your own artistic signature)
• The participant should be at least 18 years old. • proof of course attendance after successful participation in 2 years